By Mrrattle
i just got a Mitsubishi DU-115, going through cleaning and setup. cant get stitch length to full 5mm (only getting 4.2mm), not seeing anything loose or out of place--but then again this is the first walking foot machine i am looking at.

anyone have DU-115 specific setup instructions. or first hand knowledge of this machine.

i know this machine is mostly the same as the DU-100 and DU-120, I have that parts manual, i have the basic user manual for the du-100, i also have the singer 211g155 and 211u157 setup manuals. i have also seen the youtube video of the du-105
du-100, 105 adn 120 are 7mm stitch length machines, while the du-115 is only a 5mm.

mitsubishi seems to have used a different feed regulator cam than singer did so non of the singer adjustments diretly apply to the DU-115

machine should give a 5mm stitch forward and reverse, i am only getting 4.2mm forward and 4.6 reverse,
By Adam12
Ideally, the first thing i would want to do is even up the fwd/rev stitch lengths. Not being familiar with that machine and since the 211 adjustments don't apply, i am not sure how to tell you to do that. Then set the stitch length dial so you can measure an even 4mm stitch. Depress the stitch length button until it just engages and leave it in that position. Loosen the stitch length dial on the wheel and line up the number 4, then tighten. Not always that simple but that's what i'd try.
Boat project

Wow, that's a lot of curves for your first project[…]

When you sew the corners ease the vinyl in as much[…]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]