Post pictures of your finished work and current projects.
By juancanodesign
A very expensive seat since I bought a Juki LU563 to do it, LOL!!

Wanted to redo the plan old seat on my 1986 Chevy C10 Truck. Didi a bunch of research and ordered a bunch of samples. I didn't love any of the fabrics, and the SMS Fabrics were super expensive. Then I found this old school plaid-like at my local discount fabric store. It's upholstery fabric and only $10 yard. I paired it with vinyl from Sailrite (Eversoft indoor/outdoor Peanut 54" Vinyl Fabirc). Got the pink foam on Amazon.

I found a couple cheap seats on FB marketplace so I didn't have to remove the seat on my truck. I cleaned the seat frame and repainted it. I patched the driver side of the seat. I took apart an old seat and made a pattern following a video on sailrite.com. It took forever.

The most difficult parts for me were matching up the pattern across the vinyl stripe; I also decided to add this 3" stripe across the back seat and I messed that up twice. Of course joining all the foam backed pieces with the welting was brutal.

At the end, the bottom seat fit pretty good, the pattern alignment was pretty close. The back seat was extra difficult to slip in. Then the middle vinyl band did not align with the seat band by about 1". An instagram tip helped me shimmy it to one side to correct it. The back cover also proved to be too loose so I added a 1/2" piece of foam that is only being held by pressure and friction, hope it doesn't slide off. It turns out that the seat back cover I made the pattern from was for a Suburban Rear back seat and they use a thicker back than on the front seat. #liveandlearn

Will be installing soon but first I have to now change the carpet in the truck so this nice seat looks good!
Attachments
this was brutal
this was brutal
IMG_4705.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1022 times
The Juki hard at work
The Juki hard at work
IMG_4738.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1022 times
Completed Seat
Completed Seat
IMG_4815.JPG (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1022 times
LindrelT liked this

I’m not sure what you are using on the edge […]