Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By mrstee
I've seen a juki lu1510 for sale but it looks like it's full of gadgets that I don't want or need. It would need a compressor to be able to use it as well. From pictures I've seen of these machines there is also a control panel (CP18) attached but this seems to be missing. My questions are 1- can the air foot lift bits be removed. 2- does it need the cp18 control panel. 3- can I change the old motor, which seems to have wires and pipes coming and going from it, to a chinese servo motor and basically change this all singing all dancing sewing machine to a basic sewing machine that I could use in my back bedroom at home
By Adam12
It can be converted, i have done several this way. It's not a big job and a lot easier than trouble shooting old electronics. They build the machine the same as the standard version, all that stuff is just added on to it.
By MalcolmM
It's set up for high volume repetitive work, a factory machine. All that "extra stuff" is very expensive, and a PIA to set up, but if you are doing hundreds of the exact same product it's invaluable. Seems like you should find another machine which is more basic than try to take off the pneumatic lifter, thread cutter, etc.
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: