By H2814D
Ok, guys. I searched the forum for the answer, but didn't come up with anything. So here is my task and then my questions. I am making a small rolling garage seat seat cover using 1/2" scrim foam. The total seat surface area will be about 9" by 14" when I'm done with it, so not that big. I plan on doing a 1" diamond pattern with 1/4" wide parallel sewing lines with T135 thread. I have already glued the foam to the vinyl and I have the pattern traced onto the vinyl. It's ready to go, but I thought I would try and avoid the frustration of having to do it twice. So here I am.

When you guys do this, do you start in the middle of the panel and work your way outward? Do you start at the end of the panel and just go across the entire length and width of the panel as you go and do the criss-cross sewing patterns from one end to the other? Do you do all of the sewing lines that go in one direction from one end to the other first, and then do the crossing sewing lines afterward? Or does any of this even matter? I know there will be shrinkage, so my initial panel is quite a bit larger than my intended finished product.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or replies.
Last edited by H2814D on Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By H2814D
Ok. All done. I'm happy with it, but I know John will be looking at the symmetry. :-) It was just an old and very inexpensive garage rolling seat.
LLeeT liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: