Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By Pig Pen
First Post.

I'm not a professional, this is just a hobby and I have been using a borrowed Consew 206RB-1 but last week placed an order for a Juki 1541S from Sewing Machines Plus. They sent an email stating that they haven't processed my order yet because they are concerned that I was planning to use this machine for marine upholstery and that marine vinyl can be difficult with this machine. ??? Nothing that I have read in this forum or anywhere else has ever raised any concerns about this. My decision came down to this or the Sailrite Fabricator but chose the Juki because it was supposed to be a true industrial upholstery machine for not that much more money. Are Sewing Machines Plus' concerns valid?
By LLeeT
The Fabricator is a great machine for about anything you may use it for. I have done some pretty large auto jobs. Two of which everything was ripped out and started from scratch. I try to use marine vinyls on most of my auto jobs. Not a problem so far. Sailrite has a great staff that can cure any problems you may have. Most, if not all, problems were self induced. I also have the Sailrite Ultrafeed LSZ-1 that has zig-zag that has come in handy for some furniture jobs, since my wife has banned me from her serger.
By Revv Up
I use a 1541 as my main machine sewing marine and automotive vinyl, never heard of an issue or seen anything on other forums.
By Rhonda
Sewing machine Plus have a lot of good people , with some good answers. i think their concern was genuine, want you to get the right machine for the job.
But if it works for you and is cheaper , great, If you get into sewing layers , you might have an issue.
SamDaMan124 liked this
By Adam12
I would ask them to elaborate, 1541 is one of the more sought after upholstery class machines on the market. Perhaps they mean to suggest the model without the "S", i have heard that the safety clutch can trip a little too often.
Purple Diamonds.

I kinda did the same thing although I have diffe[…]

Glue spraying question

I run 10psi on the pot and 20psi on the gun, but[…]

1984 corvette seat

Leather is not cheap that's for sure, especially u[…]

Ford F250 project

Are you sourcing the embroidery file or making it […]