By nick_m
Hello forum - I'm a first-time poster, first-time chair builder, and first-time upholsterer with a few beginner's questions. I just completed a prarie spindle chair, and the plan I followed called for a web seat, with the foam attached to the frame using muslin glued to the edges and then covered with fabric. The geometry of the legs and stretchers require clearance notches at the corners of the seat frame, and I'm not sure how to get the build-up of muslin, foam, and fabric to fit in the 1/8" clearance between the frame and the stretchers/legs. Are there any forum topics that address this issue? I'm not sure what to search for.

As an alternative, I'm considering something like the simple box cushion that's demonstrated in so many videos, particularly by Sailrite. I hope I could then simply drop the cushion onto the web frame - or could I? Are there any problems with this approach? If I use a box cushion, would I base the foam dimensions on the distance between the stretchers, even though it would be a tight fit at the corners?

Thanks,
Nick

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutral color palette can sometimes appear too stark and sterile for today's tastes how to order furniture online in Canada. Transitional furniture with its upholstery, softer edges and plusher fabrics can create a warmer more inviting look. When you choose transitional furniture that is similar in scale and arrange the furniture around a focal point, where is best to buy furniture , you can create a pleasant, balanced effect in the room. Transitional furniture combined with balance and symmetry can play an important role in putting together a calm room that is visually appealing. If you love the visually striking look of layered complementary textures which is the best place to buy furniture, transitional furniture is the way to go. Rather than using heavy ornamentation, the transitional home features simple silhouettes and gentle curves of modern designs coupled with interesting textures for a warm and exciting feel. Think rich fabrics on wood furniture coupled with glass and metal accents, where can i get furniture for cheap. When you choose transitional styling, use the minimalistic "less is more" method when you accessorize your room. Opt for a few carefully selected accent pieces to preserve the timeless appeal of your transitional home decor.
By JimmieJoe
Not sure if I am following your question, but webbing as a platform is normal. Webbing can cut through the foam if it is not upholstered. If you are going to have raw foam in contact with the webbing you may want a layer of burlap between webbing and foam.
Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Newbie Pattern Question

If you use one of those large straight edges they […]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]