By AGP123
Hello, I have a question about sourcing an old model C.S Osborne staple puller. I make furniture with a process called cold-molding where I staple strips of glue over a form and then pull the staples when the glue has dried. Because of the size of the pieces I end up pulling thousands of staples. I have been using a 12$ puller from amazon that I will post below. Ive used a friends staple puller and its the same style with the two piece pivot, but its C.S Osborne model that is made much much better and doesnt deform like the one Ive bought. I talked to a representative at CS Osborne and he says its the old model 710 that they stopped making 20 years ago. Ive gotten the new model 710, but it doesnt work nearly as well . So basically Im wondering if anyone has a lead for how to find this old model. I havent seen anything come up on ebay. Or maybe someone knows of a company that makes a high quality version like it. Thanks so much.
Attachments
puller.jpg
puller.jpg (92.15 KiB) Viewed 188 times
By Rhonda
I have a cheaper version of one, I cant remember where I got it. it works well on some things and pulls the staple completely out without having to go back and use pliers to get the staples out.
By Revv Up
I use an Osborn but they are evil, one slip and you have a puncture usually in the left arm (for right handers) from not keeping your body parts behind the fork. So far my stab count is 2 in the past 5 years.

If it was me….. I’d consider either turning down the pressure feeding the staple gun so the don’t seat so hard into the wood (if that will give you enough contact pressure) or I’d lay something like a finishing nail down and shoot the staple so it ends up in the middle of the crown then it can be used to pry the staple up when you want to remove it. Alternately you could fold a small piece of vinyl and shoot the staple through it, when you want to remove the staple go in the open end of the folded vinyl…. so that thing has less chance of stabbing you 😂
AGP123, Adam12 liked this
By Adam12
These are both very sturdy. The one that has a screwdriver handle says "C.S. Osborne&co.USA 120 1/2". And yes, many injuries using both :dizzy_face: . I get one side of the staple up and use a pair of angled side cutters to pull them out. Not a sharp pair or ones that you're particularly fond of but works well.
Purple Diamonds.

I kinda did the same thing although I have diffe[…]

Glue spraying question

I run 10psi on the pot and 20psi on the gun, but[…]

1984 corvette seat

Leather is not cheap that's for sure, especially u[…]

Ford F250 project

Are you sourcing the embroidery file or making it […]