Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By Eric D
First post here and want to thank everyone for posting all this info. Especially John for all the videos that have helped me out so much. Anyway I have been looking at lots of different machines for a couple weeks. Went with a Consew and thought I would share this link as it seems like a pretty good price on a name brand complete machine.
http://www.westchestersewing.com/consew/p1206rb/
By John
Hi @Eric D Welcome to the forum!!!

Thanks for posting that link! That is a nice price on that machine with free shipping. Let us know how you like it? I have not used that model. It looks quite similar to the sailrite fabricator.
By Jayscanvas
I found this old post and thought I would share some of my opinions
Good cheap new starter machines
consew 206rb
Sailrite fabricator
Juki 1541
Adler 267

Good used machines
Juki 563 563

High end new top of line
Juki 1508
Adler 867
SunStar 640

All machines should have a servo motor and if you want top of the line go with a needle position servo motor

There are others those are what come mind
John liked this
By BigRig
@JayCanvas,

Thank you for the feedback really surprised me with the Sunstar. I see one in a dry cleaning/tailor shop I go into and always wondered about it.
By RonaldMak
Can anyone recommend me the best product from the list mentioned in this site
(site has been blocked due to spam)
By Kra z Bill
RonaldMak wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:00 pm Can anyone recommend me the best product from the list mentioned in this site
https://fitsewing.com/best-quilting-sewing-machine/
you may have quilting and upholstery mixed up. this is upholstery as in car/boat an so on, quilting uses a whole different type of machine. now i do both and i use a singer 4452 for quilting. but I wish I had a brother for quilting
By BigRig
@Kra z Bill, you have quite the life going on there. The mother in laws quilting machine just broke down and we are looking at a $14,000 unit there.
By John
Hi @RonaldMak! Welcome to the forum!!
It depends what you type of upholstery you are trying to do. If its automotive these wont work and you will need a walking foot machine. See this video to explain more.
By Tom Mann
Hello All new here
Thought I would chime in here . Took a trip to Bakersfield yesterday to take a look at a couple new machines . I was interested in getting the new Consew 206 but wanted to try one out first. He also had the Highlead GC0618-1-SC. It was nice tried both out . I am new at the sewing thing and the knee lift took a bit to get used to but ended up liking the Highlead better than the Consew So bought it and being a little cheaper made it even better. I did not buy on price , for me the highlead was i bit more manageable on speed control and seemed to run smoother other than that they were about the same . Got it home and dialed it in for the V92 thread on marine vinyl and all I can say is I am impressed with it. I have the REX RX607 also and it was a good starting out machine for not a lot of money, learned a lot with it
By BigRig
@OhioFitnessGarage ,

With all the industry that went down you would think you could find a used walking foot pretty easy. Most everybody is using craigslist in Ohio are you doing that?
By John
@Tom Mann Welcome to the forum!!! Thanks for the information! I have never used a Highlead machine before. Let us know how it works out for you down the road.

How much did it cost?
By Tom Mann
Thanks John
The Cost was $1250. Did a small paying job with it yesterday ,small seat for a crane. I was not really ready for that yet but it turned out good and the guy has more for me to do. The Highlead was sewing pretty good but I could tell something was out of whack with it , material pulled to one side so this afternoon with the help of online video and the owners manual I started from scratch and set up everything to factory specs , sews nice and streight now . Main culprit was the needle to foot timing was off
John liked this
By jdenison89
I first had my sights set on getting an Adler 867 Eco. After waiting months and never receiving it I opted for in my opinion the next best thing. The Juki 2810; its been an amazing machine and has sewn anything ive thrown at it. Multiple layers of leather with sew foam, cardboard etc. Its an absolute beast and is about $800-1000 less than the Adler depending on where you look for it. This machine IS made in china, but i have zero complaints and would highly recommend it.

John liked this
By Tom Mann
Yes Very nice machine. I almost a had or so I thought Juki DNU 1541S , one of those deals that if it sounds to good to be true . any way ran across it on amazon $752 new complete with clutch motor so I could not resist and bought it , Next day I get an email from the third party seller that the transaction can't be completed till the money was deposited to his bank account in Madrid and had the bank info. Needless to say it was a scam and amazon refunded my money

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: