Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By LeeV
So glad to finally be a part of this amazing community! I don't even know why I hadn't joined sooner. But glad to be here now. anyways I've been operating out of this trailer for a couple years now. But I think I'm finally at a point where I feel like I have everything stocked and installed that I could need for commercial upholstery so I thought I'd show it off. . here's the basic rundown. Started with a 12'×6'×7 foot tall cargo trailer. Wired so that I could plug it into a generator or extension cord if a power source is available. Currently using a consew 226rb-1 with a servo motor. I have 3 overhead LED 2' shop lights that are wired into the trailer and have switches. I have a storage space under my cutting table for rolls of vinyl,foam and dacron. My cutting table is 48"x72" small but adequate the way I use it. I stock everything from snap caps , grommets and buttons with the press to set them to screws,tacks, different color threads, no sag springs and clips I mean it's Pretty much everything I could need. I also installed a GPS tracker and alarm system that I can control/receive alerts from my phone.Attaching some pictures for you all to check out. Hopefully I'm doing this right
Inside . the sewing machine sits on a raised floor so that I could have the cutting table at a comfortable height . the piece of wood next to the sewing machine lifts up and hangs on a hook on the back wall. And the wood along the left wall are on hinges and flip up flush with the table so if I need the table larger Im covered.
Side door view . you see the raised floor here and the hatch where I store ropes, ratchet straps and more extnsion cords, jumper cables
Rear door... Just in case I get any big jobs ✂
Under table material storage
Under table shelves for carrying all the goodies
Thanks for lookin
John Long, John, Ddedman and 2 others liked this
By John Long
Very, very well done. I mentioned a few weeks ago, I had a friend who set up an Ex Uhaul box van in a very similar way.

John
LeeV liked this
By LeeV
Yeah Thanks. I do work for restaurants,bars,gyms,dr offices ,etc. I also do small canvas projects and canvas restitching down at the marinas. I too thought originally going with a converted Uhaul. But this trailer came through before I got to pick one up.
This was a restaurant we just finished. They originally had a simple flat back we converted to a chanel backs.
But yeah its outfitted to tackle pretty much any commercial job
By John
Man that is such a cool setup!! You've got the potential to charge big prices being mobile like that. If I wasn't so passionate about The Lucky Needle I would do something like this.

I would consider traveling to remote lake boating communities and advertising you services. A lot of those remote summer vacation lake towns have very wealthy people that don't want to pull their boats out of the water to get interior work done. I had a bunch customers offer offer me big money to travel to Lake Mead when I was living in phoenix.
LeeV liked this
By Revv Up
That’s a nice setup, my brother gutted out a travel trailer and set it up for canvas work and did quite well with it.
LeeV liked this
By LeeV
John wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:42 am Man that is such a cool setup!! You've got the potential to charge big prices being mobile like that. If I wasn't so passionate about The Lucky Needle I would do something like this.

I would consider traveling to remote lake boating communities and advertising you services. A lot of those remote summer vacation lake towns have very wealthy people that don't want to pull their boats out of the water to get interior work done. I had a bunch customers offer offer me big money to travel to Lake Mead when I was living in phoenix.
Hey thanks so much! I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge you share as well. I'm really preparing to amp up for this summer, while I have mainly focused on the commercial end. Traveling to some more wealthier destinations to do on-site marine work seems like it could be a niche I could fit in and make some good money. I just spent the day setting up this pfaff 1245 that I picked up for 800 (swapped the clutch motor for a servo motor and mounting the table in the trailer).Now I have a machine in my workshop and my trailer. I feel like I'm ready for whatever gets thrown my way!
By bmchoug
That's awesome. I started a Mobile RV repair business a couple of years ago with a 7x14' Trailer. I upgraded to a Mercedes Sprinter then to a 5000 sqft shop. So my trailer has been parked. I live in my RV and have been wanting a way to put my giant Seiko in the house. We have a rule that for everything that come in, something has to go out. The wife wont let me get rid of the sofa. :cry: I would say my weekend just got booked. Thank you for the inspiration.
John liked this

I have mixed the bobbin colors a lot and it doesn'[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: