Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By rlescantz
Hey everyone, I've been sewing for about 15 years on a Singer 211u566A and I'm looking to upgrade. I've been checking out the Juki 1541s the NC6 and a couple of other machines. I'd like to stay in the 2000 to 2500 range. Hopefully someone familiar with the Singer can give me some direction to my next machine.
By IvanD
With this kind of budget you can't really go wrong on machine. Ideally - try it out.
I am NOT professional. But for myself I settled on Consew 206 and love it.
John liked this
By Kuph
In that price range a guy in up state ny is selling a brand new pfaff 1245 on Craigslist for 2000 obo. Look at a 1508. Just keep your eyes out and you’re set. Nc also makes a unit similar to the 1541 (exactly the same). The nc6 is more like a 206rb.
John liked this
By rlescantz
Here in Montana we don't have a lot of chances to try out products. I'd have to travel out of state to go to a reputable sales shop.
By Adam12
Consider top load vs bottom load bobbin, also size...i could be mistaken but i thought that your singer uses U bobbins? 1541 will use M size and be bottom load. Not a huge deal you'll just have to change bobbin more often. The machines i am most familiar with using U bobbin are all top load: Consew 255, Consew P1255, Juki 1508 and Adler 867.
By rlescantz
Well I sucked it up and increased my budget a bit. A Juki Lu-2810 is on it's way! I wanted to stick with the top load bobbin and the extra room under the arm was just too irresistible. Now I'm looking for accessories for it. Anybody have one and wants to give a bunch of advice?
Adam12 liked this
By SarahSimm
May I ask you to help me as well? Looking for a sewing machine to work with upholstery (beginner-amateur level).
And after reading this thread. I found Singer machines interesting. Are they reliable? Easy to repair?
Or should I look for smth else?
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: