Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By Rachel
Hello,
Hoping someone might have some insight!
I have just bought a Juki DDL 9000b-SS. Have been using it just a couple of days when the presser foot raised itself and now I cannot get it to lower whatever I do. I’m wondering if it is something simple , ie I’ve enabled or disabled something. Has anyone had any experience of this ?
Thanks
By John
There should be a lever on the back of the machine that locks the foot in the up position. Hope this helps!
By Rachel
Thankyou we have tried that but it does nothing. It is an electronic controlled machine so I wonder if I’ve managed to press something!
By Adam12
Doesn't try to sew with the foot up does it? Give the pedal a quick tap after you turn it on and see if it doesn't go down. Have not used the automated juki's but with Mitsubishi and Consew you can set the foot to be always up or always down when you let off the foot pedal just like with needle positioner. My guess is it's set for the foot to be up when you let off. When you press the pedal to go again it goes down, sews and then comes back up every time you let off. I dont like that setting but if you're making a lot of turns, needle down/foot up combo is helpful. There should be a single button that allows you to select foot up or foot down, just dont know what the juki button looks like.
John liked this
By Rachel
Thank you both! Adam12 - I’m really hoping this is what it is, that is exactly what it is doing. The default on this model is foot down, use the pedal to raise. Unfortunately the foot seems to be totally stuck at the up position, I cannot get it to lower at all , even when sewing. Tapping the foot pedal makes no difference and I’ve scoured the internet for every bit of advice from Juki on this model, but cannot find anything about switching this option on or off, or if it indeed even is possible!
Souperdoo - thanks I will try rocking the pedal.
I fear I may have to wait until the supplier is back from holidays and contact their service dept.
John liked this
By Adam12
Hmmm...well, in my scenario, the foot would go down once you tapped the pedal whether toe or heel. Not seen one try to stitch with the foot up. Are you sure the foot lift lever in the down position? When you power on foot will raise electronically and remain up for a set amount of time. If you tried messing with the lever during that cycle, it would appear to do nothing and you could have locked in in the up position. Just a thought
John liked this
By Rachel
Thank you. The lever seems to be completely disconnected. I have had a reply from the supplier so I’m hoping they might be able to sort it out. Though I fear something has gone wrong as I have tried everything!!
By Rachel
Well, an update...
After extensive chats with the supplier and desperate attempts to secure an engineer to come out to us ( not easy at the moment!) as a last ditch attempt one engineer had seen this before and said it was down to the oil not circulating as the machine had stood for a while. I was advised to knock the foot down with a screwdriver and top up a little with oil. This worked, but it happened once again and this time my husband took the cover off the machine and it seemed the foot had slipped so he adjusted and tightened it and it seems to be fine now, fingers crossed!
Adam12, John liked this
By Adam12
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear they got you straightened out..."hit it with a screwdriver" isnt on my tech sheet :joy:
John liked this
By Rachel
Unfortunately it has done it a few times since, but I discovered the oil level is low again, so I’m hoping that may solve the issue. Turns out that when you top up the oil it shows full but them continues to drop the level over a few minutes so we didn’t fill it properly the initial time, it’s all a learning experience, but very frustrating!
By David K
Old post I know. But thought I'd share what I've witnessed on the oil situation on our DDL9000c FMS full digital Juki's. The sight-glass uses a floating oil indicator. As I fill these the indicator does not float smoothly. As such I don't get an accurate read on level until the machine is vibrating during use, or a gently rap of my palm on the casting.

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]