Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By samsouto
Hello all,
I am a newbie, sam from France (sorry with my English)
I have bought a pfaff walking foot but the plate with identification is missing..
I think it is a 145..but I am not sure... If it's a 145..an h2 h3 h4? A B C D
Can someone can help me??
Thanks guys :pray:
By souperdoo
It looks like a 145-H3-6, but it has a chromed spring on it. That is outside my experience, so I'm at a dead end. A Cul-de-Sac, so to speak.

If you are on Facebook, join up with the group Industrial Sewing Machines and post up a picture. Make it to the attention of Peter Greb. The man knows PFAFF.
Adam12, John liked this
By Adam12
Lock the feet in the up position and measure from needle plate to bottom of the foot. H1, H2=7mm, H3=11mm, H4=14mm. Not sure about what letters go with it
John liked this
By John
Hi @samsouto welcome to the forum! Happy to have you here.

I agree looks like a 145 to me as well. That is a great machine and you should be quite happy with it.
By sandmanred
Can you show a picture of the bobbin? They make machine with a smaller and larger bobbin that's part of the model number. How is the hook driven, by a belt or all by shaft? That feature is another part of the model number and I don't know how to tell without looking under the cover on top of the machine. There is also possibly a clutch on the long horizontal shaft under the bed that drives the hook.

Here's a list of how part of the model numbers work attached
John liked this

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: