Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By miket
Consew 206-RB5

Using Sun Stop UV thread on some marine vinyl and occasionally the thread will fray or get hung up in the bobbin area.
Changed needle and scraped out some gunk from bobbin holder but still happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks
By Adam12
What size thread and what size needle? Make sure the material isn't hanging up on something behind you, and the upper thread isn't hung up on something either. Make sure you have a tightly wound bobbin. Are you using the 206? If that all checks out, look at needle bar height and hook timing. Check saftey clutch and make sure it isn't too "slippy". It should not be particularly easy to trip.
miket liked this
By miket
Thanks @Adam12
92 thread 20 needle

It is a 206
I will look at those things. I need to get more familiar with working on this machine as there is noone around here that works on them.
By John
I would check everything Adam said. Also make sure there are no burrs anywhere in the thread path. Also inspect the hook for a damaged point or burrs.

One other thing. It could also be the thread brand. Thread brand makes a huge difference and can cause you a lot of frustration. I only recommend using Coats bonded polyester , Amman serafill and Amman serabond.
Everything else I have used I did not like.
miket liked this
By Revv Up
I’ve had problems with large spools of Sungaurd where the spools are wound to tight and just causes too much friction giving me all kinds of grief. The only cure I have found is to wind it on bobbins and use them to feed the top thread.
John, miket liked this
By miket
Thanks for the replies.
I have used this thread before with no issues. It comes off the spool very easily.

I found some videos on setting tolerances and timing and will report back with results.
John liked this
By miket
So went through timing and settings which some were off pretty good. Well still having issues so I am thinking bad thread. Changed out to Solarfix and so far so good.
John liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: