Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
Hey there,

Which would you choose and why?

They’re just about the same price - $2,300 Australian dollars. :scream:

The Typical is a direct drive servo with a 12mm max stitch length and up to Needle size 200/25.

I need it for automotive upholstery and want decent topstitch stitch length and weight.

My Singer Heavy Duty is not doing it for me anymore! LOL
John liked this
Disclaimer: i am a sucker for old german machines, but I do love my automation too. The pfaff has a shorter max stitch length of 8mm, but i never go larger than 7mm for a top stitch with 138 thread. Either will handle that and probably 207 too. Typical isn't a high end machine brand and i have not yet sat down at a typical but the pfaff will undoubtedly last longer and give fewer issues over time. If you can test drive both before you decide, open the covers and look inside. The pfaff will have better castings, tighter tolerances, larger shafts etc. If i personally had to choose between these 2, it is no contest. Pfaff wins assuming it is a complete and working condition.
John liked this
@Adam12 , thanks for the detailed reply. That really gives me something to think about.
Machines are really hard to come by here in Perth. Even these two are on the other side of Australia so I can’t check them out. To say nothing about the price! These are about 1,800 USD! Lol! I can only imagine what you could buy in the US for that! (A new Consew 206RB-5 just about!)
Thanks again.
I am with Adam on this one. I dont trust those off brand machines. However $2300 seems pretty high for a used machine but Im only familiar with US prices.

Have tried searching for any companies that sell Juki in Australia? The DNU-1541s would be a good machine for you and I'm pretty sure they have dealers world wide.
6inarow liked this
Hi John,

I have (I would love a Juki!) but they’re $4500+ AUD...

The prices here are ridiculous for most things. I do car vinyl wrapping as well and it’s more affordable to bring vinyl in from the US despite the high delivery cost.

Thanks for your thoughts on the Typical though.
John liked this
Id recommend the 1508 if your going to pay to ship it there. Its got some nice features that will come in handy the busier you get.
I am in contacts with NC currently to find out if they can ship to you and if the have a 220v option.
I let you know soon :thumbsup:
Well I got half an answer today. Im waiting for conformation on shipping price. I believe it will be $425 to ship to you but need to confirm if that for just the head or entire setup. 220v is not a problem. You can purchase just the head but they said it is safer to ship an entire machine. I will hear back from them on Monday. Thanks for the patience.
Thanks for all the input and help. I ended up buying a new Typical GC-0605F locally. From what I can figure, it seems to very closely resemble a Juki DNU-1541.

Haven't used it yet but looking forward to it!
John liked this

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]