Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By Tuttah
Hey guys. I really need some advice from you experts. I am looking into purchasing a new machine, but i'm stuck between the Juki 1541 or the Juki lu 2810.
I originally had a Brother ls2 b837 which was awesome, but I had to sell due to relocation abroad.

Before anyone suggests another brand other than Juki, I am quite limited with options where I live, so I narrowed it down to these two.
I can get either a brand new Juki 1541, or a used but and good condition Juki lu 2810 (without the fancy extras).
Both are similarly priced, with the 1541 being slightly more expensive due to taxes and delivery.
Also I understand that the 2810 is manufactured in China which is a slight put off for me, as well as it being more difficult to find parts and accessories such as suitable feet etc for the 2810 over the 1541. The 1541 is made in Japan and with parts and accessories more easily available and more cheaper.
I would be grateful if you lovely people could give me some advice and experiences with these machines if possible.
Many thanks. :slight_smile:
By Adam12
You'd do well having either one. At first glance, it looks like the 2810 has a larger bobbin, larger workspace and higher foot lift and it gets my vote. My opinion is that juki specs are juki specs whether assembled in china or japan. Some pfaff's and durkopp adlers are now made in china and they are still top of the line. From what i have seen the feet on both would be regular old 111 style feet but it's been mentioned on here before that some 2810's may have adler style feet?. Either are readily available.
Tuttah liked this
By Tuttah
To be honest, I only have a few months of experience in sewing and therefore I have only done a couple of car seats. So i'm quite new to this trade.
By BigRig
@Tuttah for years trimmers used machines like Johns in the videos as do I. The Lucky Needle review on a NC machine would do you just great and will last a lifetime and sew through anything you want.
John liked this
By John
Both are great machines and you will be happy with either one. I would go for the 2810. Brand name Juki machines will be quality even if they are made in China. Its the knock off brands you need to be leery of.
Tuttah liked this
By Tuttah
It was purchased in 2017 by the seller, and it doesn't have any computer etc. I believe its the basic version and it has just a needle position sensor.
I will update you with how it performs etc :relaxed: :thumbsup:
John liked this
By Revv Up
I choose the 1541 and it was $1500 less than the 2810, my brother just bought a new 2810 on Friday and chose it because it has a longer and higher arm and a bit more foot lift….. which suits the kind of work he is doing. I love my 1541, it’s been a great machine.
John liked this
By Tackman
Thanks for the reply. I wish him luck with the 2810. I'm still serious about the 2810-7. Currently own a 1510n-7 for 14 yrs now. Is he on this fourm? if so maybe he can post how his new machine is running.
John liked this
By Revv Up
No he not on the forum…. my bro is a Luddite. I chat with him often so I will let you know how he’s making out with it, he lives in the far North (Yukon) and is waiting for delivery.
John liked this
By Tuttah
Highly recommend the 2810. A very smooth and consistent machine. Having all that space under the arm is brilliant, especially with the high foot lift. :thumbsup:
John liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: