Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By BigRig
Before I bite on this anybody have any hesitations on the use of this for top stitching? As far as I know it is a needle feed and good foot clearance.

Singer 112w140
By Adam12
Sounds like a winner to me. Needle guage can be changed without breaking the bank. Just know you won't be able to make real sharp turns since you can't bury the needle and spin the material. Reccommed using right twist (S twist) thread on the left needle. The hook spins "backwards" and can unravel the thread. You can get away with your normal thread if is well bonded but will perform and look better with right twist on the left side.
By BigRig
@Adam12 , I really appreciate the advice and passed on the beauty. My work is highly dependant on sharp turns and precision with angles these days. Any recommendations for a double needle? Also what is the most affordable practical long arm out there 20-25" for upholstery?

Thank you
By Revv Up
Oops, didn’t really think that answer through
Last edited by Revv Up on Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Adam12
You want a split needle bar, you can disengage one needle to make turns like this
Consew 327 is an example of a split needle but i never saw one as a long arm though. For a single neeedle long arm Consew does make the 206 in a 25 and 30 inch but pretty rare. P1255RBL is much more affordable but only 18" workspace. Juki, Pfaff and Adler all have theirs as well i am just more familiar with Consews

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: