Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By jasminerico
Hi folks, I want to start embroidery also along with this. I am just curious to know if anyone here is expert in embroidery machines? I am about to buy a new embroidery machine but I am quite new to this and do not know which machine will do good for me. My budget is somewhere between $5,000 to $6,000. Kindly Suggest to me the best embroidery machine under this budget.
Meanwhile, I searched over the internet and found some of the embroidery machines as per my knowledge but I can not make a decision on my own because I am not an expert. I got the first suggestion of Brother PE800 and Brother SE600. Although both of these machines are recommended by many experts but I think these are not for me because both of them are under $1,000. I have a high budget than their price, obviously, I am getting these affordable machines at a reasonable price but their features are limited too.
Also, I can consider the Brother Persona PRS100 this model is also recommended by experts and also is in range of my budget.
What are your thoughts on these three models? My own priority would be Brother Persona PRS100 because its price is right as per my budget. Other model recommendations will be appreciated too.
By John
To be honest I dont know much about embroidery. I dont know of any one on here that does. Most of us out source that when its needed.
There must be an embroidery forum somewhere online with experts in that field.
jasminerico liked this
By MalcolmM
You need to think about "digitizing" as well, professional software (Wilcom Hatch 2) for example is $1100. There are cheaper options and some professional machines come with software, but not all of it is "digitizing" software, it may only be a simple program to manipulate images you buy or add text to graphics. I went through a online training course, like John's, by a company www.digitizingmadeeasy.com, excellent instruction and well worth the time if you are thinking of spending $5~6K on a machine. For that money a Janome 4 or 7 needle machine can be had new, or you may be able to find a used machine, but be very careful. I just bought a "happy embroidery machine" used and it was destroyed in shipping by UPS. I am now trying to get the claim processed. You can do a lot of good looking work with a single needle flat bed machine, I bought the Janome 500e and have been able to use it to make patches, logos on tee shirts, etc. It is not for a commercial business at all and is only good for "flat" vs "tubular" materials. It will not do hats, etc, without a lot of work. The more needles a machine has the lest labor it takes to run the machine, professional machines generally have 12-18 needles (colors) retreading an embroidery machine is a big PIA. You also have to really understand tension, as each needle is it's own tension issue. You can find machines cheap from China, or some brands like "Redline" are inexpensive, but for non continuous use could work well. Happy, Tajima, Melco, Burdan, ZSK, and a few others are the top machines for continuous production and have a good dealer/ repair network to keep the thing running. Generally a new machine starts at $12k and goes up very fast. I saw a few listings on Ebay for a dealer in OK who is selling Melco Bravo's for about that price new, without digitizing software. They are decent machines, if you want to pay less there are a lot of used ones, but unless you are buying from a dealer who can get it working for you, with the right drivers, etc. It could be a big pain. Embroidery machines are computers first and sewing machines second, so they have all the problems of old computers! Best of luck, Malcolm
John liked this
By TimothyB
I don’t know if I have much to add after Malcom’s post but will ask what you plan to use it for? I have a 12 needle Happy embroidery machine and have been very happy, but I do hats, shirts, bags, and almost anything I can fit under the needles. If you plan to do embroidery for others or more specifically in quantity at all you will eventually want a 12 or even 15 needle machine so as to not have to babysit while it works. Mine runs while I work on other projects. I have only threaded a needle path a few times as I tie the new thread in a knot to the old and pull it through whenever possible. Digitizing is another issue but there are digitizers to hire so reasonable it is not an issue. I do my own mostly but occasionally hire out when I am busy or it is way complex

I am new here also and my first post here. I am hoping to learn a lot from John’s course and getting ready to buy my sewing machine soon. I have my first couple projects that are for ourselves and not a rush. Looking forward to getting started. Cover up!
MalcolmM, John liked this

Hallo people from the Lucky Needle upholstery foru[…]

I wonder how old this furniture is. I prefer the n[…]

Did you find a solution to the problem?

Interior led lights

not sure if they have what you need but try superb[…]