Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By MalcolmM
I just had my fourth bad experience with shipping machinery via UPS, this time they ruined an embroidery machine, packed in it's original factory box and foam insert which survived traveling from Japan, but could not withstand the clutches of UPS from Colorado to Arizona. Needless to say I'm disappointed, and to make matters worse UPS just denied my insurance claim saying the box was "insufficient" to ship the machine! What a load of crap! It was the factory box, double walled and with the custom molded foam packaging, all in good condition...til UPS got a hold of it. The seller even had a "drop warning sticker" on the outside of the box which breaks a vial and turns red when the box is subjected to too much force. UPS destroyed the plastic sticker and shattered the vial, then said the box didn't have the right "label" on it. Unreal.

I cannot recommend UPS for shipping machinery any longer as this is the fourth machine which they have ruined in the past few years. In addition, their offering "insurance" is fraud as it's impossible to know if they will honor the claim as their "associates" do not know their own internal "rules" for packaging. The seller asked at the UPS office if the box was sufficient and they said "yes." More corporate BS.

Has anyone here found a shipping company that hasn't destroyed heavy machinery? When I bought a CB4500 it was strapped to a palate and handled by a freight forwarder, not a scratch on it. It also weighted three times what my embroidery machine weighed, but they could easily handle it.

Any advice?
By Rug Dr.
Freight companies are bad as well. I pick up at the dock I won't have them ship to the shop. 6 rolls of marine carpet, about 10 yards total torn up and lost, documented by the doc super. UPS, yeah what a joke. I returned 4 leaf springs, dropped off at the Chandler UPS store. These clowns lost 3 of them, Leaf springs for a cj7, how do you lose a big chunk of Iron??? I was given credit for the leaf springs and credit for the shipping. Three weeks later they show up at the retailer, I get a refund from them as well. Just as bad a Fed Ex.
MalcolmM liked this
By BigRig
The shipping issues are common. I had 05 gallons of adhesive lost and it was found later had sat on the dock for a week in blistering heat. The same as you guys the damage was shrugged off the adhesive was garbage.
By John
This is so frustrating to hear :rage: I just had this happen to a customer that used UPS as well. The idiots destroyed an new NC6 so badly that it cracked the cast iron bed in 4 places. It looked like it fell out of the back of the truck on the highway.

They were able to get fully reimbursed from UPS though. If I was you Id file a another claim. Form what I understand and was told by a UPS employee is that they aren't supposed to accept the package if the packaging is not sufficient. So if they accepted it they shouldn't be able deny your claim.

Im really sorry to hear that.
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: