General discussions about our craft and industry.
By Matt Hamblin
Hi, i am wondering what other trimmers are using for staple guns and for how long they last?

I've been using Fasco snub nose stapler F1B 7C 16 using 3/8" staples. I have been having issues with now my second one in six months. It seems like it must be blowing an internal seal somewhere and will just blow the air out the exhaust and not even try to staple. I took it apart and could not find anything that stood out. I just need something reliable if there is such a thing. Thanks in advance!
By Matt Hamblin
Update:
I took it apart again and cleaned and greased all the seals. Now it seems to working fine. Would still like to know options but hopefully i can at least get this job out the door now.
By Revv Up
A couple drops of oil periodically help and I’ve noticed the cover over the piston has vibrated loose a couple times causing poor performance.
By Adam12
We have several older Fasco's and have had really good luck with them. Every year or two one of them will act up. Replacing the blade/plunger and rubber bumper always seems to do the trick. Never that often though, what psi are you shooting? The BeA staplers have really good reviews and the next time i am in the market for one, that's what i will be trying out.
By Matt Hamblin
I run around 90psi on all my pneumatic tools. I oil it on a regular basis. Not necessarily every use but every couple of uses. Actually oiled it the afternoon before it quit. I couldn't find any flat spots or tears on any seals. The trigger plunger seems to have been the issue like it was stuck open. After greasing that set of seals is when it started working again. The BeA seems a little pricey but i have considered trying one at some point.
By John
I have had my BEA for over 10 years now never had one issue with it ever. I just make sure to drop a few drops of air tool oil in it and a few drops on the blade channel.

It seems pretty strange that you've gone through 2 in 6 months.

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: