General discussions about our craft and industry.
By paula.ritter
Hi, I am new to this forum, thanks for the great resource!

I have a repair to make on a children's chair with a vinyl slipcover. The tear is in the seam where the seat and the back come together. The slipcover goes over a foam chair form and has a piece of red vinyl attached that's used to pull the seat into place. The slipcover fits very tightly over the form. I am unsure how to repair the tear. I tried hand stitching the rip, but soon realized the way I was doing it wasn't going to work. My machine won't have any trouble sewing it, if that's the way to go.
My concern is by resewing the seam, am I going to use too much of the seat material and how to make it look cohesive? I've included pictures. Thanks for any tips or resources you may have.
By Bondo497
@paula.ritter
Welcome!
Pictures didn't post, but you should be fine resewing the tear, just fold the material to the least seam allowance you can get away with and you will probably never notice any material loss.
By John
I would just sew the rip closed with your machine. Try to keep you seam allowance small. Hopefully it will still fit after that. Other wise there isnt much you can do.

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: