By garywi
Hello Friends, I have a seat from a 1977 Pontiac and I cannot get the bottom retainer to stay attached to the seat frame. See photo. Are there any tips and tricks to get this to stay on. It's a plastic piece sewn onto the fabric. Thank you!

By John
What side of the plastic are you attempting to install in to the channel that holds it in place. It need to be the bottom edge that you can see in the photo.

If that how you install it and it still comes out then it is probably not a tight enough fit. You will ave to resew the plastic to make it pull the cover tighter.

This style of seats can be a real pain to get fitting right because there is no adjustment at all. If it proves to be a huge pain in the butt I would just screw a piece of wood or ABS in to that channel in the bottom of the seat frame and just staple the cover to that.
garywi liked this
By GiriX1000
I’m looking for a fabric with almost the texture and color to these seats. Can you tell me what the fabric is and where you got it? Or are these pre-made? If so what is the supplier of the covers?

Thanks,
Aaron

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: