By Matt Hamblin
I have a customer with a 72 Charger with the original seats. Front seat needs rebuilt but the rear is ok. He wants the fabric to match, of course, as close to factory as possible. It has the black and charcoal vinyls. Black i was able to match but so far the closest thing I've found for the charcoal is Heidi Smoke from endurasoft. He didn't like the look.

I found the OE numbers but can't find anyone that carries it. Anyone have any left over of this 4488 or know of something maybe closer than the heidi smoke?
Just looking for options before i tell him it is what it is. Its a tribute car so I'd like to try to get close. Thanks in advance!
By Matt Hamblin
@John Yeah they didn't show anything. I did find it through Legendary Auto Interiors. They make a lot of muscle car OEM type covers. I was able to buy a couple yards from them. The downsides are it is a little pricey and takes 2 weeks to ship because they grain the vinyl in house. But still cheaper than SMS and from what I have seen it is still quicker as well. Just waiting for it to come in so we can get it going.

Customer decided he wants custom bolstering, which is why I ordered yardage rather than new covers.
John liked this

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: