I’ve finally finished top and bottom seats and got them together. I followed John’s way for traditional stuffed pleats.
What I have found is I’m getting some drift of the pleats as I hog ring the sides and back. Even making alignment marks and double checking as I go.
Should I be glueing the pleats to the base foam to aid keeping the alignment?
I’m also noticing the 2” pleats vary in width also due to pulling the sides. Which means my seams between base and top don’t line up. *these two are not bolted together yet!
Any advice you could offer? Be gentle with me! This is my first time ever installing seat covers!
Car is a Chrysler 66 300
Thanks!

***just realised it does not help that I have sewn my pleats on one of the panels upside down and the pleats aren’t facing the same way!! :rage: :rage: :disappointed:
Last edited by Andy_M on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
And a seperate question but I may as well ask also.
I allowed for the extra puffiness of the pleats around 1” high when I did the foam but it sits just a tad too high and lost the bucket seatness, want for a better word..
Would shortening the listing pockets to pull the listing wires down help or should I take some height out of the foam seat pad also?
The stock seats are fairly flat but it’s kind of irking me..
Thanks
Hey @Andy_M! First off fantastic job on those pleats. That style is in my opinion the hardest to do.

on the alignment issue. My guess is that you are able to pull a nice stretch on the cushion as it should but thats not possible on the backrest. In that situation I would recommend spraying some contact cement gluing the pleats to the foam in the correct position.

as for the extra puffiness thats the trouble with traditional tuck and roll. Shortening the listing will help. If thats not enough youll need to add foam to the side bolsters

I hope this helps!

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]