By Pgnelson45
A friend wants me to reupholster his Bayliner 185 Capri using original colors and textures. Is there any way to first, find out exactly what the vinyl is and second, find a source. It’s not a new boat, probably 10 or so years old so I may not find what I need. But, if some supplier would have it who would that be?
Thank you.
By Adam12
You could try contacting Brunswick Marine who builds them, they may or may not be any help. Trivantage has a wide variety and i have had reallygood luck matching colors and grain pattern with thier products whether oem or not. I worry less about what bayliner used and figure out what is available that will match.
John liked this
By Rug Dr.
Bayliners are at the bottom of the boating world, they were and are for the budget buyer. They used the cheapest products they could get. I would go with a better grade of material if they plan on keeping it. Bayliners are like Yugo's.
John liked this
By John
In my experence you will never find oem boat vinyl and if you do there is no reason to use it because oem boat vinyl is usually crappy material.

Lucky there are so many fabric options from fabric suppliers you can usually find a close enough match.
John Long liked this
By Pgnelson45
Adam12 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:39 pm You could try contacting Brunswick Marine who builds them, they may or may not be any help. Trivantage has a wide variety and i have had reallygood luck matching colors and grain pattern with thier products whether oem or not. I worry less about what bayliner used and figure out what is available that will match.
I guess you need an account at Trivantage to get pricing. In the works. Thanks
By Pgnelson45
I knew that Bayliner was on the lower end of the boating world. Makes sense that they would use the cheapest material they could find. Thanks for your thoughts.
I wish there was a supplier in the area. Everything I get is online. Sometimes hurts when you can’t see and feel the material. There is a JoAnn nearby but they are limited.
By Adam12
Yes, you will have to set up an account for trivantage but you'll be glad you did. Otherwise i reccommed ordering from albright's, sailrite or rochford supply before going to joann's. You'll get better product options.
By BigRig
I am with Adam12 on this about better material and also in my experience you wont find the material either. I would call Bry Tech in Florida too.
John liked this

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: