By Matt Hamblin
I have a client that wants the snap in carpet on their 2001 Chaparral Sunesta replaced. Im used to auto carpet but i am not sure how long this would take to give an accurate estimate. Anyone done these recently that could give me a point of view?
All the carpet has binding and snaps so i know it will take longer than just a glued in carpet. It also appears to have a no skid backing that i am having trouble finding.
Just looking for some pointers. Im still learning a lot about boats. Thanks in advance!
By John
Since to old carpet looks good enough for a pattern I would say around 6 + hours.

The backing is called snap back. You use it just like you would rubber backing on a floor mat. Keystone bros should have some.
Matt Hamblin liked this
By Adam12
The woven vinyl carpet material is super expensive but a lot thinner and easier to get through a binder. Not sure what size you have but rubber backed carpet is too thick to get through my binders.
By Adam12
Yeah, Tennessee attachment and Atlanta attachment binders. Even my 2" Atlanta binder is too narrow but they weren't originally built for carpet either.
John liked this
By Matt Hamblin
Thanks for the info guys! I will look into some of those options, it is Berber. Currently just waiting for the customer to come in for a consult appointment. I feel like i can give a reasonable estimate now at least. Thanks again!
John liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: