By rickm
I am new to this and I am trying to make welting or piping. The piping I purchased measures at 5/32. The dumb question of the day is. Do I need a 5/32 welting foot? The reason I ask is I have a 5/32 foot and the needle seems to be to close to the piping and try's to bind or stop the needle. Love the forum. I purchased a servo motor with the advice of the forum. Man what a improvement. Thanks for the help Rick
LeatherJohnny liked this
By kl4bidn
I use a 3/16 foot on my 5/32 welt. Next size up is 1/4 and I think it makes sloppy welt. The foot size doesn't match the welt. I'll try to post more when I get back to shop tomorrow. @rickm
LeatherJohnny liked this
What is the best size of welt cord to use for most jobs? 4/32 (1/8) or 5/32 poly welt cord? I bought some cord off the upholstery truck in my area the other day, but don’t think it’s poly cord. I think it’s braided fiber welt cord. Also should a get a foot set with different sizes opposed to get one?

By John
Depends what you are using the welt cord for. Typically the style cord in your pictures I use on I use on furniture because its softer. For boats and automotive I use plastic welt cord because its is stiffer and makes more of a defined edge to the seat. Also I use plastic for moisture protection. The size depends on what looks best for your project. I always recommend buying a few sizes of welt feet to have around.
Trimmerman79 liked this
By Trimmerman79
John wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:52 pm Depends what you are using the welt cord for. Typically the style cord in your pictures I use on I use on furniture because its softer. For boats and automotive I use plastic welt cord because its is stiffer and makes more of a defined edge to the seat. Also I use plastic for moisture protection. The size depends on what looks best for your project. I always recommend buying a few sizes of welt feet to have around.
Yeah I talked to the company I got it from today and they have the other plastic type your talking about in two sizes. They will be drop a few rolls off next week. (4/32” 5/32”)
John liked this
I’m going to order welt feet in the sizes you guys mentioned. Is there a certain brand or place to buy from? I see sets of 4 feet range from $25-$80 on eBay and other sites for a set of four. How do I know which are best? I have a juki dnu- 1541S machine.
By John
Luckly Juki still uses a very common style of feet. They are readily available and pretty cheep. The ones I have I bought at a local sewing machine dealer. Don't know what brand they are. Ive never used the eBay ones but my guess is they will work just fine.
Trimmerman79 liked this
By Trimmerman79
John wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:31 pm Luckly Juki still uses a very common style of feet. They are readily available and pretty cheep. The ones I have I bought at a local sewing machine dealer. Don't know what brand they are. Ive never used the eBay ones but my guess is they will work just fine.

Okay cool, seem like they are available everywhere for my machine. I will try the ones from eBay first to see how they are. Thanks!
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: