By Joel93
Hi I'm new here and looking for the best material to use for French seam backing?
Thanks
By Bondo497
@Joel93
I've been using material that has no stretch behind my French seams and has worked out pretty good for me. I'm sure there are applications where you may need the seam to stretch but as far as strength I back it with no strech fabric.
By Bondo497
Also I dont back a French seam at all if I'm going to be wrapping a piece. I figure since it will be glued it wont pull apart plus you dont want any bulk when wrapping. Hope this helps.
By Rug Dr.
Had to start a new account, the other just kept kicking me out/off. I like to use a 1" binding material like sun brella. You can buy 80 yard rolls of it, and color doesn't matter..
By John
I typically use and scrap canvas type material I have around. Binding tape works good too!
By BigRig
@Todds34rod , the purpose is to give it strength and you dont want the bulk from the vinyl under that seam. I am with John on this one and use canvas or a binding tape.
By John
@Todds34rod You can and I have seen people do that. It depends on how strong you want the seam. In my opinion I would use no backing if you dont need it to be strong. Many times french seams are purely decorative and dont need backing.
Todds34rod liked this
door card material

Any suggestions for a door card material suitable […]

MarineVinylFabric ?

Has anyone used Marine Vinyl Fabric vinyl for thei[…]

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]