By sandmanred
When you plan to have 1/4 fabric backed foam laminated to your vinyl on something like a fitted motorcycle seat cover how size your pattern? Do you make patterns with the foam on the seat or do you ignore it and expect everything will give a bit as you fit the cover?
I’m not so sure I always do what a seasoned pro would do but usually don’t allow for it which I think allows me to stretch it a tad more for a good fit, you can also slightly move your sew line out a bit to accommodate.
Adam12 liked this
Here's the finished seat, no allowance for the 1/4 foam. 1/4 inch foam laminated to all pieces except the piece hidden under the leading edge. Overall fits okay but if I could do it again I'd use the same foam on the smooth part and get a thinner more flexible foam for the textured part.

miket, Adam12 liked this
By John
Looks awesome! If you had a steamer that would help a lot with getting the cover to stretch and fit the contours a little better.

I also dont usually account for 1/4" foam when making seat covers

@Revv Up Ive seen your work and I consider you a seasoned pro :thumbsup:
Revv Up, sandmanred liked this
John wrote:Looks awesome! If you had a steamer that would help a lot with getting the cover to stretch and fit the contours a little better.

I also dont usually account for 1/4" foam when making seat covers

@Revv Up Ive seen your work and I consider you a seasoned pro :thumbsup:
Thanks! What does this steamer look like?

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]