By CnC
Hey guys, wonder if anyone can steer me towards a stapler? I do know that the one advertised and suggested is probably the Cadillac of staplers but I just can't justify $400+ Canadian on one right now starting out. Any other options a little less of a hit to my wallet? I'm certainly not against dropping money as my skill increases but there will still be quite a bit to acquire before I can even start out stitching these car interiors. Brands, models, sizes etc etc.
Thanks so much
Cliff
By John
The BeA 71/16-421 stapler is what I recommend. Its costs $197 here in the states on amazon. https://amzn.to/2CVi4r6
$400 for a stapler sounds quite extreme. Where is that price coming from?

@BigRig @Revv Up What staple gun are you using there in Canada?
By Adam12
We use Fasco and they are great, however after john's reviews i think the next one will be the BeA
By CnC
I'm beginning to think our Canadian dollar is cursed. 2 sellers on Amazon and this model is priced at $403 & $416
By Revv Up
John wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:28 pm The BeA 71/16-421 stapler is what I recommend. Its costs $197 here in the states on amazon. https://amzn.to/2CVi4r6
$400 for a stapler sounds quite extreme. Where is that price coming from?

@BigRig @Revv Up What staple gun are you using there in Canada?
I bought a Fasco F1B a few years ago, it’s been decent

John liked this
By John Long
I just put a convertible top on my car. In doing so, I used stainless steel 5/32, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch staples. Whatever you buy, make sure it will handle all the sizes you need but more importantly, make sure you can buy all the size staples you need for that particular stapler.

I use a modestly priced BEA stapler. I personally would make it a point to find a gun that will shoot the series 71 staples.

John
John liked this
By John
I have never seen or used that gun. It looks pretty nice and I do tend to like porter cable tools. It does shoot the size staple (3/8 Crown) you want that are most commonly available. It appears to be a close copy of the Bea. If you buy it let us know how you like it. I would love to have a lower cost option to recommend to people just starting out.

Also Just so you guys know. Most upholstery staplers advertise only being able to shoot 1/4" and longer staples. Including the Bea. I shoot 5/32 staple out of my gun all day long and never have any issues.
John Long liked this
By CnC
I can only speak as a complete beginner to upholstery but do use pneumatic tools frequently and say that the Porter Cable US58 22Ga stapler will definitely sink the 3/8" and 1/2" staples directly to the basement . It will also fire them across the room at your pets (or maybe your wife?) if you're not careful because it lacks a safety guard.
Attachments
20210211_172137.jpg
20210211_172137.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 5785 times
20210211_172131.jpg
20210211_172131.jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 5785 times
Adam12 liked this
By CnC
Going to purchase the 1/4" staples and maybe even the 5/32" that John suggested and see if it handles those as well.
By John
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: I'm laughing so hard! Never heard a stapler described in that fashion. :rofl:
Yes upholster staplers have no stupid safety so as you noticed you can shoot them at anything. Just be careful not to shoot your own hand. Ive seen it happen more than once. :confounded:
CnC liked this
By steel58593
Hello,
I am working on a 64 Falcon and am looking into doing door panels myself. I have watched a few of the LN videos. I am planning on using ABS for material as suggested and am wondering if I need a professional stapler to do this job. I am not plannng on doing a lot of upolstering and am trying to save money doing this myself and do not want to drop a lot of money on a stapler, Are there any economical options?
John liked this
By BigRig
I am with Rev Up with the Fasco and I have shot at least 200.000 staples through it and it is just like new. You need to make sure you oil it !
John liked this
By John
@steel58593
If you can find short enough staples you should be able to get by with a hand powered stapler. You hands will be killing you by the end though. You can always use glue instead of staples as well.
By John G
@John
I’ve found 1/8” staples in the UK, do you think I will be able to use these in ABS with a hand stapler????
By BigRig
@John, the fasco has a saftey. I broke mine off it was a pain in the arse slowed me down 1000%
John liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: