By CnC
Simply wondering what size welting I need to buy if using typical vinyl with the 3/16" & 1/4" welting feet?
Thanks
By CnC
What size feet do you use with the 3mm piping then? Not sure if the question was answered. Using the 3mm piping meaning either foot would or could be used depending on material thickness? Still confused
By Tuttah
Both size feet can be used obviously depending on thickness of material. For me, both 3/16" & 1/4" give good results for 3mm welt + vinyl material.
By CnC
Great, thanks tuttah! Question, Where do you buy your plastic piping? So far the stuff I see at our fabric store in our city as well as a place that sells supplies looks like material welting. If I'm correct the 3mm is the 1/8" solid piping? Plastic foam welt cord?
By BigRig
@CnC , the fabric cord is a T-Braid and used in furniture. Look at some furniture with piping and see the waves around the perimeter. Go with what John recommened there.
By Roothawg
What about pre-made welt? Is it worth investing in? In common colors obviously.
I am interested in the size most commonly used in the mid to late 50's. 3/32? I didn't see any 1/8".
By John
I have never used it because I always like the have an exact fabric match for welting
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: