By lee
Wasn't sure whether to put this in furniture or beginner questions, but ultimately decided the fact that I'm a beginner might be more pertinent (but probably obvious anyway!). I'm working on a pair of chairs that fits into a loveseat-- I only have a picture of one but you can imagine a second one-- and inside each box cushion was a ton of batting and then a straw (?) layer holding down some springs. I need to replace the batting, but should I go further than that and replace the springs/straw core as well? Am I correct in thinking that my only other option is foam and dacron? Also, does anyone have any idea where I can get foam/dacron/batting? If it helps, I'm in MN in the US. I'm assuming Joann's isn't the best option. :sweat_smile: I'd really appreciate any pointers you can give me!
By John
I honestly think you don't need to re[lace the springs. Just make sure they aren't broken. My favorite supplier is Albrights supply.
By spoink47
Wasn't sure whether to put this in furniture or beginner questions, but ultimately decided the fact that I'm a beginner might be more pertinent (but probably obvious anyway!). I'm working on a pair of chairs that fits into a loveseat-- I only have a picture of one but you can imagine a second one-- and inside each box cushion was a ton of batting and then a straw (?) layer holding down some springs. I need to replace the batting, but should I go further than that and replace the springs/straw core as well? Am I correct in thinking that my only other option is foam and dacron? Also, does anyone have any idea where I can get foam/dacron/batting? If it helps, I'm in MN in the US. I'm assuming Joann's isn't the best option. :sweat_smile: I'd really appreciate any pointers you can give me!
definitely check the springs and replace them!
By BigRig
Oh such a hard call on a nice piece of furniture. Keeping it as original as possible would be nice. If you dont use the springs just keep them in storage.
John liked this

I’m not sure what you are using on the edge […]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]

Good information. I'm going to check this foam pl[…]

For diamond pattern I just staple the edges about […]