By Benny8
Hello everyone. Would like some help picking out thread and bobbins. First I've been trying to find out what bobbin my machine takes. I think it is a Style M, but not sure. Then I know John recommends #92 Bonded Polyester thread, so when I looked at prewound bobbins, they had style M #92 bobbins prewound, but for #138 thread. #69 bobbin said it was for #92 thread. This was a bit confusing. Could someone explain why this is? I'm a newbie, so excuse my lack of knowledge. Trying to get my stuff together to practice with the new machine. Certainly appreciate the information.
Aaron
By John
Hi Aaron,
The M or G is the letter designation for the size bobbin. You need to check what size your machine takes. What machine do you have?
This article shows you the dimensions on these bobbins. You should be able to confirm by measuring your bobbin case.
https://www.servicethread.com/blog/comm ... g-machines

The #92 is the thread size on the bobbin. I recommend using #92 for just about everything.

I recommend getting Coats brand or Amann brand threads.

I hope this helps!
By Benny8
John wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:52 pm Hi Aaron,
The M or G is the letter designation for the size bobbin. You need to check what size your machine takes. What machine do you have?
This article shows you the dimensions on these bobbins. You should be able to confirm by measuring your bobbin case.
https://www.servicethread.com/blog/comm ... g-machines

The #92 is the thread size on the bobbin. I recommend using #92 for just about everything.

I recommend getting Coats brand or Amann brand threads.

Thanks John, My machine is the NC1.

I hope this helps!
By Adam12
The advertisement that i saw for that machine says large bobbin, that suggests M size bobbins to me.
John liked this
By Benny8
Adam12 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:11 pm The advertisement that i saw for that machine says large bobbin, that suggests M size bobbins to me.
Thanks Adam, NC Carpet finally answered my chat message and indeed it is an M size bobbin.
John liked this
door card material

Any suggestions for a door card material suitable […]

MarineVinylFabric ?

Has anyone used Marine Vinyl Fabric vinyl for thei[…]

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]