We've had these pieces for about 20 years. The suspension has sagged during that time so I removed the bottom coverings to determine the issues.
They both have broken springs which I understand how to fix. These are zig zag springs. There are some stays broken, again I can fix those ok.
This furniture has a short spring crimped midway to the long spring that spans the entire width. The main spring is 25 inches and these short ones are 8 inches. The short springs do not mount the same way the long ones do. The long ones go directly into a typical clip. The short springs attach to their (also typical) clip via a short 'U' clip, one of these clips has broken and I need to either locate or fabricate one. It appears to be spring steel, .090 inches, about 1.25 x 1.25 overall dimensions.
I notice that both pieces of furniture have a 'tie line' at each end with springs on each end. These springs are very loose and one fell out during removal of the bottom material. I don't understand the purpose of these and am not sure if this condition is normal for the age or something which also needs attention.
I have pictures of all of the above and will attach them if needed.
I have found a source for the 'u' clip.
I have found a source for the zig zag springs, cut to the correct length for the long pieces.
I have loaded pictures showing the configuration of the springs/etc.
The long springs have short sections of z-z springs spliced to them, they terminate to their own connectors.

The z-z springs on the ends, that is the first and last spring: have cords running between the ends of the z-z springs, these cords have a small coil spring on each end. I do not understand the purpose of these, nor do I know if they are adequate as is or need repair/replacing. The pics only show one end of these cords.
The one pic also shows the wear from the spring to the material covering it. I will put something in between these two items.
I have completed the fix on the couch. Still don't know why those springs are there on the ends of the first and last spring. All I can figure is that they assist in the case of a large weight.
The square clip is stopping me from the chair. The person I ordered one from had their supplier shut down due to the virus.
I used burlap between the worn fabric and springs, same weave as the original.

The design of the suspensions allowed me to repair the couch (chair is the same) without disturbing the material (leather). Couch still kind of low probably be design or because the cushions are worn.
The cushions are feather. Is there any way to get the original feel back into the cushions? All I can think of is getting some stiff foam, wrapping it somehow and replacing the feather cushion liners with the foam.
John liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: