Hi All, I need your help, I have picked up 4 lovely mahogany dining chairs, the seats were shot and I thought it would be a job of repair/replacing the springs, but when I stripped the seat there was now springs just webbing and various stuffing, my question is what will I replace the stuffing with, I’m a complete amateur and don’t think the chairs are very valuable so just want to get some practice in covering, looking at videos I think I can sort the rewebbing and I can handle the frame, but lost on the padding. See photos below,

Thanks Steve
The sewn horsehair is in beautiful condition. Is the webbing failing under it? you can carefully remove the horsehair pad and web, very tightly and close together, see bracketed comment, put the horse hair back on with a wire stapler (DO NOT USE T50 STAPLES, they will shatter the wood), put dacron layer(s), you'll have to determine if you need to do in graduating sizes, then put you fabric on. OR web, burlap top so the foam does fall through holes, 1.5" foam, 1/2" dacron, fabric.

You can get an upholstery stapler at harbor freight reasonably. any questions, feel free to ask.

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: