I bought a used office chair, but the seat sinks a bit too much when I sit in it. The seat uses zig zag springs. Is there a way to make this seat more firm?

UPDATE: Having taken the bottom cover off and looking more closely, there is a twine cord which has snapped (image attached). Any suggestions for replacing this (where to get materials and technique)?
Attachments
x.jpg
x.jpg (163.8 KiB) Viewed 3015 times
nims wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:08 pm I bought a used office chair, but the seat sinks a bit too much when I sit in it. The seat uses zig zag springs. Is there a way to make this seat more firm?

UPDATE: Having taken the bottom cover off and looking more closely, there is a twine cord which has snapped (image attached). Any suggestions for replacing this (where to get materials and technique)?
Not sure if you've already fixed this, but I recommend weaving some webbing between the springs. Using wire may be too rigid. With webbing you have way more control over how much bounce you get by choosing the amount of stretch in the webbing, jute being the most rigid. It's also adds more support to the springs and structure of the chair. :)
John, Revv Up liked this
Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

I have a Pfaff 545 and 1245 which use the same bob[…]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: