Cale wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:54 pm I am kind of like @BigRig in that I am learning so that I can mix upholstery with my other work. I agree with @vicstric that I have seen others and received work from others that are supposed to be professionals but their work is even below my novice standards. I think that it comes down to perception, work ethic, desire to do the job right and ones own pride in their work.

I truly believe that some people have never learned or been taught to care about their reputation. It always comes down to how much money that they can make off of someone else. Yes, making a profit is important but delivering great, consistent work is just as or maybe even more important.

At some point, you will have to decide if your work is good enough for people. Yes, start cheap and charge more as you get better and more work is coming in the door. If it is something futures na bitcoin that you are doing daily and are getting better every day then you will be able to charge more and receive a better reputation.
thanks this was helpful.
John liked this

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: