By cate.bolt
Hey, first time forum user. Such a useful resource, I've already picked up some super helpful info.

I've recently moved to the USA from Australia. I've been sewing for 40 years, 20 years professionally. My fiance has been building custom VWs most of his life, and I recently decided it made perfect sense for me to learn how to do interiors, so we can work together. Or, at least, I won't have to pay someone else to do the interiors on my project cars :joy:

What I'm looking for at the moment, however, is black and white check vinyl, with a 3/4" wide square. I assumed (wrongly) that this would be easy to find, but after spending weeks trawling the internet, I'm still left clueless.

I thought someone here may have come across it in their travels. Hopefully I've uploaded this pic correctly, and you can see what I'm after and what I plan to do with it.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Cate

By John
Welcome to the forum @cate.bolt !!! Happy to have you here.

Hmmm thats going to be hard. Ive been doing this 11 years now and have never seen vinyl with that pattern at any of my suppliers.

This might work.
https://www.shindigz.com/Black-and-Whit ... jQEALw_wcB

Or you might be able to find a table cloth that will have the pattern your looking and use that.
cate.bolt liked this
By BigRig
@cate.bolt,

I like looking for fabrics so will start investigating too. Not everything comes up on google searches and there is a lot of old stock in stores yet.

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]