Post pictures of your finished work and current projects.
Hi!

would anybody have any advice on steps to follow for gluing leather onto curvy shapes on foam? I am redoing entirely these two lounge chairs. I've now replaced the original latex with foam and I'm now thinking about the best techniques to use for gluing the leather onto the foam...I've made small tests where I stretched the leather with water (on the back) and used rubber cement glue and it's pretty good but I might need to stretch the leather a bit more as I go on the inside back around the two seam areas. I'm wondering if I should use something to heat the leather...My main concern is this line you will notice going all around the chair (back and arms). As well as a good vertical pull I'm going to need a good horizontal pull along the line to keep it sharp so I really need to manage the stretch of the leather. Hope that makes sense and if any of you has any advice that would be great! Many thanks for your time. Marie
John wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:41 am I would use upholstery contact cement and a spray gun. This is the glue I recommend using.
Weldwood Landau Top Contact Adhesive: http://amzn.to/2nwDBO5
Hi Jon, many thanks for your reply. I previously search for this glue but can't find it in the UK. I've used a few contact glue in spray cans but the leather unglues with all of them. Do you think a spray gun would make a difference?
BigRig wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:47 pm Real cool project. Where are you sourcing your leather? Have you ever heated leather or steamed it? I would really be careful with that it may alter your leather.
Many thanks for your reply, I completely missed it :frowning: The leather comes from Whistler in Italy and yes I did water the back of the leather to stretch it. I glued some pieces as soon as it looked dry and others a few days later but I got the same bad result, ungluing nearly everywhere. It was actually all good for more than a week and then started to unglue. I used a heat gun to unglue the whole thing at the end and I'm now testing heat resistant contact glue as I was told than the recent hot weather might have had an effect but I get the same issue. I'm wondering whether I should add something like a mesh between the foam and the leather?

Hallo people from the Lucky Needle upholstery foru[…]

I wonder how old this furniture is. I prefer the n[…]

Did you find a solution to the problem?

Interior led lights

not sure if they have what you need but try superb[…]