Post pictures of your finished work and current projects.
I've been asked to produce 5-10 gym workout benches, so I started practicing until I get the go-ahead to start the real project.
It was super fun to cut and glue the foam to the wood and then to measure and make the pattern. The cushion you see here is my second cover attempt and I'm super happy with the way it turned out. I just need some upholstery fabric to cover up the staples. Also right after this, I went out and bought a cordless, electric carving knife to replace the box cutter! :sweat_smile:

My Hubby asked me to create a record player cover. This is the first draft. Played around with curved welted seams and some french seams. I'm planning to reinforce it with some sew foam to add some rigidity and an extra layer of protection, just waiting for my order to arrive. I'm having a great time doing these practice projects! Next step is to make a sewing machine cover to protect it from my cats!
souperdoo, Adam12, John liked this
BigRig wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:18 am What brand material did you choose for the exercise equipment?
Well right now i'm sourcing some rebond foam for the benches (I'm in Canada) and waiting for quotes, but for the vinyl I got a marine vinyl called "intrepid" from JT's Outdoor fabric, it's got a 1.5 million double rub rating. I'm going to use 1/2" wooden board for the base and probably ABS as a backing.

I have some basic upholstery experience but have b[…]

Boat project

Wow, that's a lot of curves for your first project[…]

When you sew the corners ease the vinyl in as much[…]

Top stitch question

I use a shorter stitch (6mm) when joining panels a[…]