Post pictures of your finished work and current projects.
By SmokinSCustoms
@Bondo497
No joke, I'm a fan of aluminum. I think fiberglass wouldn't be as bad if a guy had molds made up and could just spray it with a chopper gun, but doing it by hand is a real itchy mess. Crazy to think though that pound for pound fiberglass is stronger than steel.
John liked this
By Bondo497
Got all the body work completed on the cab and in primer and started blocking it last weekend so hopefully by the middle of October I'll be having as much fun as y'all with my sewing machine. I'm going to have to relearn everything about my machine since I haven't touched it since May I think. This truck has been fun but honestly it has kicked my tail, I've forgotten what a weekend off is like.
hapyrdr liked this
By BigRig
@Bondo497 ,
I am really looking foreard to seeing this too! The interior work will follow buddy and you have some really great plans!
By Bondo497

Finally started sewing on the Pete seat. Just got done making the back plate. I finally just made time to start on the upholstery and now I know how much fun everyone is having. :laughing:
John, SmokinSCustoms liked this
By Bondo497
Thanks guys.
@BigRig I see now where a video on what to sew up first would come in very handy! I just winged it and used a little common sense.
By John
Looking good @Bondo497 Glad to see your finally getting some time in behind the sewing machine.
Bondo497 liked this
By SmokinSCustoms
@Bondo497

Its a whole different animal than paint and body ain't it. :rofl: It's a whole lot easier on a guy physically though.
Attachments
IMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 11104 times
IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 11104 times
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 11104 times
Bondo497, John liked this
By Bondo497
@SmokinSCustoms
Looking good!
You ain't lying about being different, I changed the design of the foam on the back of the headrest and it CHANGED everything! I had to make everything from scratch but the insert remained the same.
Still a bad day at uoholstery is better than a good day beating, banging, sanding and taping. Lol
John, RC65 liked this
By Bondo497
Its been a long while since I've visited the forum but I have finaly finished the beast!
Thank you @John for creating this outlet that all who wants to learn or maybe just find a different way of doing something they have done hundreds of times.
Also thanks to everyone here that has shared their advice and knowledge.
And to @BigRig for keeping up the funny comments about my hurdles along the way.

I will post pics as soon as I can remember how to do it on here.
John liked this

I have mixed the bobbin colors a lot and it doesn'[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: