General discussions about our craft and industry.
By vicstric
Anyone deal with CLUB CAR golf cart seats? I have a recover job to do and I cannot figure out how the plastic backs come off the seat. Looking at youtube the recovers are just wrapped around the existing seat and the plastic back and stapled and they use hydem to cover the stapled edge. This is not my preference. They went together somehow. I would prefer to remove that plastic piece so my new vinyl tucks under it like factory. the back and the seat appear to be permanent. I have done EZ GO carts and the backs are screwed on so removal was easy.

Any suggestions? I don't want to damage anything trying to pry apart.
By BigRig
@vicstric , I really cannot see to close but there has to be either an internal snap clip or screws under something there.
John liked this
By vicstric
word has it that these backs are permanently secured. They actually make a plastic cover to go over the top of the edges of a recover job. The owner went to a cart shop and they just wrap over the cut off edges of the vinyl with hydem. He seemed ok with that plan so that is what we went with.
John liked this
By JimmieJoe
Regarding the permanent attachment of the trim I have run into that as well on BMWs they really want the customer to buy a new assembly instead of reupholstering the part.

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: