Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By LeatherJohnny
John wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:44 pm Looks good to me. I like how the speed adjustment is right there by the power switch. Most servo motors the speed adjustment is on the motor. Let us know how you like it once you get all set up.

@Revv Up That's awesome! Is that a feature of the needle positioner?
You can see in min. 2:45 of this video that I uploaded to YouTube:

That I sew stitch by stitch doing as Revv Up indicates, pressing and releasing the pedal. Very useful in tricky corners! :wink:
vicstric liked this
By Bondo497
@LeatherJohnny I really like your guide plate on your machine! I believe I'll make one for mine since I have a tendency of getting off the line a lot. That guide looks fool proof. Thanks for the video.
John, LeatherJohnny liked this
By Trimmerman79
I finally got my brushless servo motor in, hope to get it setup this weekend. Do you guys recommend upgrading the motor belt? Mine is old and warn, but don’t know what size to get I have a juki dnu 1541s.
By Trimmerman79
Had some time this evening after a Jeep Build I’m working on (Audio stuff). I removed the old clutch motor and installed the new servo motor. Wow! It’s like night and day! I can actually sew decent with this now. I’m so glad I went ahead and upgraded. Once audio work slows down a little, I think I’m going to be practicing a lot more. Thanks everyone for all the feedback.
John liked this
By LeatherJohnny
It looks really good!!! And the difference in size is also noticeable... when I was in the market for my first sewing machine, I had no idea that there existed two types of motors, and when I read very good things about the servomotors so I asked the dealer to install this type, and I am very happy about my decision. You we love the silence and precision of the new motor! :heart_eyes:
By Trimmerman79
LeatherJohnny wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:07 am It looks really good!!! And the difference in size is also noticeable... when I was in the market for my first sewing machine, I had no idea that there existed two types of motors, and when I read very good things about the servomotors so I asked the dealer to install this type, and I am very happy about my decision. You we love the silence and precision of the new motor! :heart_eyes:
Yeah tell me about it. Size and weight is like night and day. Yeah being silence is the first thing I notice, instant engagement and no noise or vibration. I’m glad I went with this one instead of the other servo motor. I have speed adjustment close to me instead of under the table. This motor also came with the needle positioner. I still have to set that up and adjust it. The older style servo motor that had speed adjustment under the table was $99.99 shipped. I’m glad I went with this one for $119.99 shipped. Which for $20 more, I got the newer style speed adjustment, brushless motor and needle positioner. For this power size motor 550w 3/4 hp with price range around $160 so I saved a good $40. Now I will see how long this motor will last me, so far so good.
John liked this
By LeatherJohnny
You have made a very smart purchase! I have read that the modern servomotors are very powerful and they last a very long time, so they have very few drawbacks, if any :wink:

When you set up and adjust the needle positioner, you will enjoy a whole new sewing experience. If one day I have problems with mine, I will have to take the machine to the dealer or try to learn online, as it is very convenient :sweat_smile:

If my machine had came with a clutch motor, and I had purchased and installed a servomotor I'm sure that I would have tried to sell the original motor online, and if one day my servomotor died, I would have purchased another one without a single doubt! I can't stand continued noises, and being able to enjoy the silence when we are not presing the pedal is a necessity for me :sunglasses:
John liked this
By Trimmerman79
LeatherJohnny wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:38 pm You have made a very smart purchase! I have read that the modern servomotors are very powerful and they last a very long time, so they have very few drawbacks, if any :wink:

When you set up and adjust the needle positioner, you will enjoy a whole new sewing experience. If one day I have problems with mine, I will have to take the machine to the dealer or try to learn online, as it is very convenient :sweat_smile:

If my machine had came with a clutch motor, and I had purchased and installed a servomotor I'm sure that I would have tried to sell the original motor online, and if one day my servomotor died, I would have purchased another one without a single doubt! I can't stand continued noises, and being able to enjoy the silence when we are not presing the pedal is a necessity for me :sunglasses:
I’m hoping I get long use out of it. I know clutch motors last forever. If I can get a few years out of it, to me that’s good. Since I’m a fabricator. When I need new router bits, they can cost me more then I paid for this motor each one. I buy them yearly. I might just buy another as a backup just in case it goes out down the road. I doubt I ever need over 500w of power for stuff I would be working on.

Yeah the noise and vibration was very annoying. It’s so quiet now which I like very much.
By John
Glad to hear your happy with the motor! I agree with @LeatherJohnny. These days servo motors are pretty reliable. They got a bad wrap when they first came out but the technology has improved a lot since then.
By LeatherJohnny
I also don't use all the power of my servomotor... I'm not in a hurry and sewing mostly leather, which does not allow errors, I tend to sew very slowly. If using a servomotor at low speeds is good for their reliability, mine will last forever! :rofl:
By Jayscanvas
I have the sailrite motor on my juki 573 Love it no issues. I also have a machine with a needle position motor it the best thing since sliced bread. It also does auto back tack and cuts the tread for you no need to hold the threads when you start.
John liked this

I don’t think the bobbin color matters as mu[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Drop the single face and just enter basting tape. […]

Do you have a picture of the corner? Trying to und[…]

The Padded Cell

nice job! :grin: