Anything about sewing machines and the tools we use.
By BigRig
I am looking at machines that the foot climbs over bulkier seams with ease. Currently remodeling medical equipment and using thick old Naugahyde and 3/4" sew foam piece to piece. The total 1 1/2 " foam thickness and two layers of vinyl sews just fine in my machine, the foot climbs well but not as well as I would like. Any good climbing machines out there?
By Adam12
I'd say that the machines with higher overall foot lift should have wider adjustment range but somewhat limited to the machine's needle system. Longer needle=higher lift potential without the needle bar hitting the feet. What machine are you using now? And i guess you've maxed out the climbing adjustment? An old pfaff 545 H4 i think uses the longer 190 needle system
By BigRig
@Adam12 , Hi Adam, I have an Adler 67-372-T It really is a great machine and when climbing over seams. It does come to an abrupt stop and bangs at the needle. Once I live the presser foot lever it will continue to sew.
By BigRig
@Adam12 , my climbing adjustment knob may have broken off in shipping if I think it is where I think it is.
By Adam12
Look for a slot on the back here
Loosen the nut and slide it to the top then re tighten. That will max out the climbing height.
National Fabric co.

Thanks, I appreciate the information.

Alignment problems

The car in back is a '40 Ford Coupe. The seat is […]

Chevy colorado seat reapir

You could just hand sew it closed, the main thing […]

Forum Rules

@John , Can we Post job listings in this forum[…]