By DonLawson84
Has anyone used the harbor freight nail guns? 3 pneumatic types, not sure of the differences in power.

pneumatic compared to electric guns? anyone have both and can compare?

I have a basic staple gun (hand squeeze type) and it will not penetrate my seat base. Mainly because after cutting the edges of the marine plywood, I brushed epoxy on the edges and about 4" from the edge to prevent rot.
By Rhonda
I have a surebonder, an arrow and a longnose sailrite. they all work well! if you're working on a seadoo jet ski motorcycle seat . angle and pressure is the main thing
a hand held or electric will not penetrate the hard plastic.
LLeeT liked this
By DonLawson84
Thanks for clarifying, I wanted to run an electric but was not sure if it would work. I will definatly get a pneumatic.
By WILD BILL
This is the gun I bought........

It uses 1/2" crown staples and will both 1/4" and 1/'2 leg.

Only real negative review I found was on the safety for the trigger being annoying. A simple tap with a punch on the roll pin removes the safety and makes it a lot easier to use.
Sanne liked this
By fibersport
Remember to lubricate any pneumatic tool with a few drops of air tool oil every time you use it. I had a Surebonder stapler that I actually wore out, I was not using strictly for upholstery work but felt it didn't last as long as it should have.
Sanne liked this
By MalcolmM
I have a FAsco long nose in Series 7 staples and two cheap short nose in T-50. I like the heaver staples (20ga) for vinyl to plywood and the (22ga)#7 for cloth.
By MalcolmM
Nice thing about the Fasco guns, like BEA is all parts are available online. My Chinese guns are effectively disposable.
By DonLawson84
Thanks all, I ended up buying a cheap one from harbor freight. I am going to run this cheap gun and see how it holds up, I typically steer away from the power tools and electronics there but it was on sale for 32$.

With a vision to empower and inspire our customers[…]

First Project - Cube Stool

Sleek contemporary furniture combined with a neutr[…]

I agree it's usually not a problem but on occasion[…]

Single Faced Basting Tape

Thanks Ron. I was watching a video from Cechaflo […]