By ctmk2
So I’ve got this problem and I’m not quite sure how to remedy it.

I’m building some sun visors for a 1954 packard with a Masonite core wrapped with chipboard and leather… I cut, skived and glued up the binding that is to be stitched to the visor.

When I go to stitch it all together the needle peels off in one direction, especially in the corners and misses the binding on the back side. If I take a blank needle and push it thru the hole it isn’t perpendicular to the surface.

The details:

* I am handwheeling my machine thru everything as it’s having a tough time with the servo motor…

* I am not sewing through the Masonite. Just the layers of leather and chip board.

*I have since glued everything together, binding and all to make my life easier as I try to figure this out.

* I have a consew 206rb-3 running serafil 135 in the top and bottom thread. Needle size is 21 with an R point I believe

I’m sure my machine is at max capacity but I feel needle size is needle size, but perhaps somone has an idea?

I am about to pull the trigger and make the trip to NJ for an NC 1508L25 perhaps this should wait for a more capable machine?

Thanks for any input!
-Dave

By Adam12
Need a bigger needle, at least 22 for 135 thread but i'd want a size 23 or 24 for thicker stuff like you're doing. Bigger needle=less deflection. A 1508 with a servo would probably have the same limitations, both are upholstery class machines and servo's lack low speed torque unless you add a speed reducer.
By BigRig
@ctmk2 , common thinking about the machine and its ability to go through material. I have ran into this exact thing in the past even went to a sail shop and used their long arm. Well the needle just jammed into a dead stop. That is a technical procedure and I do a lot of my visors the packard way.
Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Newbie Pattern Question

If you use one of those large straight edges they […]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]