By ctmk2
Hey everyone!

I’m working on an 88 Mercedes 560sl for a customer and the cardboard that is sewn in at the bottom edge of the seat cover, and is folded under and slipped into a channel on the frame has fallen apart (I’ve seen both cardboard and plastic used for this application)…. The cover is good so I’d like to replace just the cardboard. Except I don’t know what to call it, anyone know?

I will post photos shortly to clarify what I’m talking about…

Thanks, Dave
By StarFleet
I've done several Mercedes seat covers and ended up using "waterproof panel board" to replace that card board that slips into the channel. The same stuff that door panels are made of in old cars. Your automotive upholstery supplier will have it. I cut it into strips with a razor blade but found that a battery powered cutting tool is easier and makes a cleaner cut. I then sew it directly to the seat cover. It can also be stapled. Good luck!

https://www.automotiveinteriors.com/wat ... owl-dp.htm

https://www.target.com/p/blue-ridge-too ... lsrc=aw.ds
Attachments
345FA371-B0B2-4609-A069-E5DF4377F674.jpeg
345FA371-B0B2-4609-A069-E5DF4377F674.jpeg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
By ctmk2
Ya know, I looked at my scrap of panelboard I had in the corner and thought to myself, “no way that will bend like I want”

I ended up sewing some listing material on it and used some mechanics wire to pull it around, but the seat needs to come out for some mechanical work, I’ll give the panel board a shot!
By Ron Henningsen
I cut my door panel backing board with a sheet metal cutter. The type with two fixed jaws and a movable center shear jaw. Works like a charm.
I also use this type of board on many GM 70's cars for the back seat piece that holds the ash tray. It's a metal base covered by this type of backing board. I simply clamp and steam it and let it dry. I then use our regular adhesive in my spray gun an d again clamp it while it drying. You can make a 90 degree pretty small radius bend with this stuff. A 2" piece of pipe would work for a tight radius bend.
Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Newbie Pattern Question

If you use one of those large straight edges they […]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]