By Pgnelson45
I’m in the middle of beefing up the springs on a bench seat out of a ‘67 Chevelle 2 door. The springs look a lot like the ones from the seat video in that they are sagging quite a bit. Someone put a coil spring on the left edge of the seat to give better support but I’m not sure I like it. I want to follow Johns example as close as possible but have a couple of questions. First, where do you get edgewire spring steel and second, is the baker clip better than the clip that doesn’t have any tabs. The tabless clip pliers are less expensive as are the clips but in the video John specifically said “Baker” clips. Just wondering if either is better than the other.
I will try to put the pics on here but normally I do something wrong and just get frustrated.
By Cody
There are a few different thicknesses for zig zag springs. You could measure and see what the thickness is, for the springs in the front of the seat that push up. You could get new the same thickness, or possible step up in thickness and take the old out and replace them. The spring comes on a role and you just cut to length and bend to the correct shape. As far as the clips. I’m not sure.
By Pgnelson45
Thanks for the reply Cody. I’d like to try and do it the way John did in his seat repair video. He put a couple of straight pieces of edge wire from left to right across the entire seat then used ‘Baker’ clips to hold the sagging springs to the edge wire pieces. I know there are tools to bend the zig zag springs but I don’t have them and I don’t know if that’s something I want to tackle at this stage of my experience, which is just about nil.
What do you think about leaving that coil spring in or removing it?
Available Solana Nodes

Do you know where I can find available Solana node[…]

Newbie Pattern Question

If you use one of those large straight edges they […]

Boat project

Looks great!

When it comes to fine furniture store waterloo ,[…]